Hammond is a city of about 80,000 Chicagoland on the Indiana Lake, which is located in the northeastern part of Chicago.
The fact that Hammond is the sixth largest city in the state may surprise other Hosians. Like most of the Indiana Lake Michigan coast, history and culture are closely linked to the great blue-collar industry workers. Although the industrial economy is different from the past, Hammond is still in good health and people from the Chicagoland region are drawing a new big casino. While many tourists pass through or work, the Chicagoans should add to a day trip near Lake County. For example, you can get delicious food, buy fireworks, or notice that Chikagoland doesn't stop by the national line.
The major east-west expressways are I-90 and I-94/I-80, both headed east for Gary and I-65, and west for Chicago and its southern suburbs. The largest north-south streets are Calmet Abe (U.S.-41) and Indianapolis Bulldove (IN-152). Both of them came into the city from Chicago in the north, and it was a much more interesting drive than a big highway.
The Southshore Line extends from the Chicago East Loop to Indiana South Bend, stops at Hammond Station 1 at The ticket is $4.75 per way. Amtrak offers limited services on the Ulverin route, which runs between Chicago and Pontiac via Detroit. Hammond-Witting Station, located near Robertdale, north of Hammond, is set at 1,135 North Carmet Abesi.
The nearest airport is Gary Chicago International Airport GYY IATA, but the Chicago Midway MDWIATA takes about 30 minutes by car with little traffic.
- The Venue at Horseshoe Hammond, 777 Casino Center Drive, 219 473-6060. The venue for the concert invited comedians, singers, musicians, and others from and outside Japan. He must be twenty-one because he's in the casino.
- 1 Hammond Lakefront Park and Bird Sanctuary (from Route 41 to the horseshoe casino and double turn under the lamp) Lake Michigan's beautiful beach access and forest walk. It's best to watch birds. There are a lot of people here who swim and there are life saving men in the summer. You can look over the lake and see the Chicago skyline.
Hammond and other cities in the neighboring state are famous for fireworks and cheap cigarettes among Chicagos. In fact, the large box store sales are the easiest to get at Calumet Ave, just north of I-94/I-80.
- 1 Cavalier Inn 735 Gostrinst☏ Retreat +1 219-933-9314. 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. The Cavalier Inn serves a lot of good Polish food. They also serve a lot of good burger and rose. The bar contains Polish beer and sake. The inside is very pretty and there are a lot of parking lots next to it. It's fun to walk two blocks if you want to take a day trip from a Hammond Southshore station in downtown Chicago.
- Dobbek's dog house, 6923Carmet Abe☏, +1 219 932-1060. The 50-year-old Madbek is best known for eating large hot dogs, but makes a loose meat hamburger. It's not a nice place to look at, but I'm glad you could come in.
- Nick and George's Restran, 5850 Hohman Avenue, +1 219-931-6760. 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. The legendary Hammond facility was once located in a downtown area across the state road from a famous nightclub in Calmet. It is now located just south of the historic downtown, across the beautiful Harrison Park. They sell bottled beer. I'll make the $25 steak dinner my favorite. A pork tenderloin may be half the price and even more delicious. Hamburgers and Italian sausage sandwiches are also excellent, and potato is also famous. On a good day, walk across the street and eat in the park.
- Schoop's Hamburgers (7235 Indianapolis Blvd), +1 219 845-7090 (☏ 219). M-Sa 10:30AM-9PM, Su 11AM-9PM. In the Chainlet, northwestern Indiana, the Scoop has a rather wonderful homemade hamburger with a style that has never seen before. The patty is thin and flappy and caramel. 3 to 8 dollars.
- Taco Real, 935 E Hoffman St, +1 219 932-8333. It may be a restaurant for Mexicans, but there are big birds such as Moru, Tontacos, and Keso Fundido. For Mexicans in northwestern Indiana, the price is a little higher. To my surprise, they are good at using microblue at the full bar.
- Billy Bear's Bar & Grill, 1225 169th Street, +1 219 844-1441 (Billy Bear Bar & Grill, No.1225 169). noon-2:00 a.m. Billy Bears is a good place to drink draft beer. They have old style and MGD, and the small pitcher is only $3. There are also pool tables, darts boards, jukeboxes, and most play classical rock. The decor is a Harley bike and a biker. Sometimes it closes quickly, so be sure to go first.
- Flat lock tap, 6732 Carmet Avenue. 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. Flat Lock Taps are priced significantly higher per cup, but they have more tap types. They have local beer like Three Floys Beer, but they produce European beer. On Thursday night, we usually have live performances.
The following hotels are located along the Indiana Toll Road Interstate 90.
- Ramada, 4141 Carmet Avenue, +1 219 933-0500, fax:+1 219 933-0506.
- Super 8 Motel, 4111 Calmet Avenue, +1 219 932-8888, Fax:+1 219 932-1615.
- Magnuson Hotel 4000 Carme Avenue, +1 219 933-0900
The following hotels are located along Volman Expressway International Route 80 and 94.
- Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn, 3830 179th Street, ☏ 1 219 844-2140, Fax number: +1 219 845-7760.
- Southeastern Courtyard Chicago, ☏+1 219 845-6350, Fax: +1 219 845-5265. I-94 & Kennedy Avenue
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago South 7720 Corindo☏ Live, +1 219 845-6950, Fax: +1 219 845-7655
- Motel 6 Hammond - Chicago Area, 3840 179th Street,1 219 845-0330, Fax: +1 219 845-7012
- Residence Inn Chicago South East/Hammond 7740☏ CorinnedoLive 219 844-8440PM Check In 3PM Check Out: 12:00 am accommodation includes a refrigerator, microwave oven and a complete kitchen with a stove. Guests can also access high speed wired and wireless Internet access. $160.
It's near Chicago, but if you go far down a trampled road and explore Lake County you'll get a lot of money. Look at the historic, planned Utopian community of the Far East, of Dyer's Markdowns, Mayer's Castle, the ruined remains of Gary, and even the streets far down in Chicago in the west.
|go through a diamond|
|END Chicago Laten (END left)||W E||→Michigan City → Bartorque Creek|
|Juliet Chicago Lansing←||W E||→ Gary, "South Bend", "Michigan City", and "Bowling Green"|
|Lockford Chicago Letto Corporation||W E||→ Gary → South Bend|
|Lake Geneva Samma Samma||W E||→East Chicago → Guerry|
|Lockford Chicago Letto Corporation||W E||→Gary → Michigan City|
|Milwaukee Ray, Chicago Ray||N S||→Shelville → Teleauto|
|END Chicago Laten (END left)||northeastern region SE||→East Chicago → South Bend|